Don’t Perspire, you too can Inspire.
Many speakers often ask me “Do you have a process that you use to Inspire your audience?”
Well, there are few.
Today you will receive a THREE step process to inspire your audience and the FOUR essential components you need for your inspirational speech.
I devised this process after a long time as a speaker. Now, I follow these exact same steps for my inspirational speeches and motivational conversations! It works like magic!!
Most speakers ignore this need of the audience and end up delivering speeches that does not resonate.
The THREE step process I have devised is the NOW-WOW-HOWTM process.
The FOUR essential components in an inspirational speech are Connect-Convince-Elaborate-Challenge
- Connect with their needs. Remind the audience about their fears and goals.
- Convince them about
- what they are lacking NOW,
- what is blocking them?
- what is blinding them?
- Look out for a future tip on exactly how to connect with your audience
- Tell them the attractive(WOW) end result they will get when they adopt your idea.
- Elaborate on the benefits of end results(WOW).
- What do they get in your promised land?
- Needless to say, the benefits need to be appealing to their needs, assuaging their fears or achieving their goals.
- The audience needs to know the way (HOW) to your promised land (WOW).
- What do they need to do?
- Which path do they need to take? Show them the HOW.
- Needless to say the HOW should be clear, concise and accurate. (It does not have to be super easy, it has to be achievable).
- Throw a subtle Challenge to them (a nudge, some motivation), so that they feel the urge to give your idea a try.
Consider this metaphor. Imagine your listener is stranded on an island (NOW) then you show them the mainland(WOW). Then you show them the bridge to the mainland(HOW). The shorter the bridge appears, the more appealing your solution becomes and the more inspired they will be to act.
Isn’t that simple and straightforward? Try it out. When you follow the NOW-WOW-HOWTM process, your audience will be inspired to take action!
By the way, this is also the fundamental secret of leaders.
Leaders inspire action, Managers tell people what to do.
Now, wouldn’t you like to try this THREE step process for your next inspirational speech or conversation? Wouldn’t you like to follow this process to motivate your team, your child or a friend?
Delve on this process before you write your next speech or deliver your next talk and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results you get.
Most speakers do not follow these steps and wonder why they can’t inspire their audience.
When speakers fail to follow the steps, they end up delivering a forceful or hammering speech.
When you follow these fundamentals, you are on your way to be a speaker that audiences like to hear and rehire to inspire.
Until next week, read and reflect on this tip.
In the next tip, we will go through the most important component of your speech (which happens to be the most forgotten!)
Please leave your comment below for this week’s tip!