Why is it that some speakers keep on making it to the top, while others don’t.
Here are some pointers.
7 steps to become the next Speech Contest Champion
To become a champion in a speech contest, you should
- Know the WHY. What would it mean to you to become a champion speaker? No why, then why try?;-)
- Know that you do have what it takes, but do know what it takes! Winning the contest may not be rocket science, still there is a science behind it that helps you rock. You need to be aware of the written and unwritten rules. Some are obvious, some you need to learn from observation or expert advice.
- Know whose ADVICE to take. Most contestants believe they should take inputs from as many mentors and advisors as they can. Don’t rely heavily on amateurs or inexperienced onlookers, it will confuse you no end. It is not the quantity of inputs that matter, it is the quality of inputs that matter. Take on structured feedback, not opinions. Double check and validate audience feedbacks with your coach/mentor.
- Know that your knowledge determines your EDGE! Seek expert guidance on how to prepare for the speech contest. Especially, the ones you would like to emulate.
- Know that contests are a test of your mental RESILIENCE too. Learn the right mental strategies that are essential to keep you calm and make you stand out.
- Know that a great idea is not a GREAT SPEECH. Listen, study and analyse speeches to see what works and what doesn’t. Learn the shortcuts from past champions and contest veterans, so that you can convert your great ideas into fabulous speeches that connects, resonates, inspires and wins! The best contest speeches are not written, they are re-written. Don’t be afraid to get help to know a different and higher perspective.
- Know how to DELIVER. More practice doesn’t make your speech delivery better. Staggered, systematic and guided practice makes the speech better and keep your delivery authentic, rather than mechanic. Have a detailed delivery plan and strategy.
International Speech Contest Home Study Course with Manoj Vasudevan
Manoj has been
- World #3, at the World Championship of Public Speaking
- Coach for World Championship Finalist and Semifinalists
- District Champion for International Speech, District Champion for Humorous Speech, District Champion for Evaluation Speech
- Three time Semifinalist at the World Championship of Public Speaking, USA
- Stand-up comedian at the International Comedy Festival in Hong Kong
- Included in PA Hall of fame of Humorous speakers
- Renowned World Class Public Speaking Coach
- A sought-after professional speaker and leadership coach
- Co-author of Amazon #1 bestseller in public speaking
Book Manoj Vasudevan’s time to help with your TM contest speech
- review your contest speech script
- review your practice video
- give input on your speech ideas
- comment on contest-worthiness of your speech
- fine-tune humorous lines
- develop the story and other needs
- Use the icon below to place the booking
- You will receive the order number
- Email your script or video link to us
- Manoj will review your script/video
- Provide you coaching feedback. You can get feedback via email or video Skype video call (30 minutes duration).
Share with your club members and friends by clicking the sharing buttons below.