As mentioned in the first video above, the five core skills you need to master are
- The ability to CONNECT with people you meet and like to connect with
- The ability to COMMUNICATE with others, including the ability to think, structure your thoughts and convey your ideas convincingly
- The ability to NETWORK with people by building trust, providing value, being memorable and helping your network to help you
- The ability to LEAD yourself or others by being seen as a leader, others admire and follow.
- The ability to SELL your ideas, products or services by effectively
Download the Prioritisation Quadrant
Mandatory ETP Preparatory pre-course work(To be completed before ETP 2 day Intensive)
You are required to complete the following 3 prerequisites before the ETP 2 day Intensive starts. The time required for pre-work. Please allocate 10-20 minutes a day for 7 days leading up to the 2-day segment.
STEP 1: Review of your current communication skills (Estimated time to complete: 5 minutes)
- Speak for 2 to 3 minutes on ANY one of the following topics
- You are asked to introduce yourself and describe the role of your department/function in a business meeting attended by internal and external stakeholders. What would you say?
- Pitch for a change you want in your organisation or a business process.
- Pitch for a project you need approval for.
- How could the advances in automation affect the nature of your job and organisation?
- What are the challenges facing your industry that everyone should be aware of?
- What are the three lessons you learned that helped to succeed in your professional life? How did it help you?
- How could the advances in artificial intelligence affect your job and organisation?
- How can you increase ownership and drive in your team?
- Practical strategies to resolve conflict and increase collaboration in a team
- What is a Growth Mindset? Why is it important?
- What are your top 10 tips to increase focus and productivity?
- The most inspiring person you have ever met or would like to meet
- Take your phone and turn on video recording. Stand at a distance of 2 meters away from your phone so that the video captures at least your waist and above.
- Look at the phone, introduce yourself with your full name and speak for 2 to 3 minutes on the topic you selected from (1) above.
- Send the first-take video and send it using the WeTransfer App
- Install the ‘WeTransfer’ app on your smartphone
- Select the video recording you want to send
- Select ‘next’
- In the ‘To’ field enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the ‘From’ field enter your email id
- Select ‘transfer’
- Please wait till transfer is 100% complete
Alternatively, you can upload the video to Dropbox and email the Dropbox link to email@example.com
STEP 2: Speech to watch, evaluate and reflect (Estimated time to complete: 15 minutes)
Watch the following speech video from the World Championship of Public Speaking. We Can Fix It https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSmq4Wsz28w
- What did you observe about the speaker’s stage presence?
- What influence and persuasion tools did the speaker use?
- How did the speaker engage the audience? What specific techniques did he use?
- What do you notice about the speaker’s gait, eye contact and gestures? Why were they needed and how did it add to the message?
- Did the speaker use any word that you didn’t understand? What were they?
STEP 3: Resources to watch/read and reflect upon (Estimated time to complete: 10 minutes per resource)
The following resources are for you to watch and reflect upon. Please do.
An easy structure to answer questions
Access to the following links will be activated after the ETP 2 day Intensive
Click on the icons for online resources related to the FIVE core skills.