The Ipod launch Revisited
Notice the simplicity of this presentation.
- Simple slides
- The speaker never looks at the slide behind
Using a variation of NOW-WOW-HOW.
- Problem (Now we pay too much for a song)
- Result (Wow, in a hard disk we can be paying much less for each song)
- Solution (iPod)
- See how Compare and Contrast (ICECREAM technique) is used. Examples
- It is the size of a deck of cards (instead of just saying the dimensions)
- It has 5GB so that you can carry around your entire music library (5GB by itself is meaningless and unrelatable)
- iPod is ultra portable, it can fit in your pocket.
- What other techniques does he use?
Octopus Storytelling model(OSTM) – Theory
Watch the video below for the theory.
Octopus Storytelling model – Practice- Shep Hyken
The video below shows how the speaker effectively uses this model for his storytelling.
What aspects of OSTM does Shep Hyken use?
Networking for Introverts? Alternative Perspective.
From Susan Cain
WATCH THE FOLLOWING PRESENTATIONS
- WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU LIKED ABOUT IT?
- WRITE DOWN WHAT CAN THE SPEAKER IMPROVE?
Print a copy of Thought Expressions ARROW Form and record your observations.
Spot use of ERP(Experience-Resource-Payoff) in Les Brown’s speech
Watch from 3minutes to 6 minutes 30 seconds. Watch how he cleverly uses ERP formula and also the OSTM to share the experience part.
Top inspirational TED Talks (Can you notice the techniques the speakers used to resonate with the audience? What made these TOP talks)
Ken Robinson: Do Schools Kill Creativity?
Jill Bolte Taylor: My Stroke of Insight
Brene Brown : The power of vulnerability
Dan Pink: The puzzle of Motivation
Cameron Russell: Looks aren’t everything. Believe me, I am a model
Elizabeth Gilbert: Your Elusive Creative Genius
Susan Cain: The Power of IntrovertsTyler DeWitt: Hey science teachers — make it fun Keller Rinaudo: A mini robot — powered by your phone
Lewis Pugh swims the North Pole
Zahab treks to the South Pole
Ric Elias: 3 things I learned while my plane crashed
Ron Finley: A guerilla gardener in South Central LA
Damon Horowitz: Philosophy in prison
Hans Rosling: The magic washing machine
Phil Hansen: Embrace the shake
Julia Sweeney has “The Talk”
Mark Bezos: A life lesson from a volunteer firefighter
Eric Mead: The magic of the placebo
Meg Jay: Why 30 is not the new 20
Michael Pritchard: How to make filthy water drinkable